November 8, 2012--Officials said they were violations so serious that the public's health was at risk.
Now the Erie County Department of Health is cracking down on local restaurants.
Back on October 19th Imperial China Buffet on Peach Street received 19 violations, all of which carry a new fine of $100 to $300.
The buffets violations included, a hand washing sink not accessible, shrimp in a bowl on the floor, mold inside the ice machine and foods found at unsafe temperature.
Erie County Executive Barry Grossman along with the County Health Department say these findings show a clear lack of respect for citizens and a lack of attention to the basic laws of food safety against stricter guide lines are now being enforced.
Imperial China Buffet said they corrected all of the violations and ensure its safe to eat there.