The Chad Atkin home just west of Albion burned early this afternoon.
Albion volunteers were the first to respond to the fire call at 10368 Wanneta Road at 1 PM today. First units on the scene quickly called for more help, calling for firefighters and tankers from Cranesville , Edinboro, and Franklin Township.
Firefighters drew water from nearby ponds to pour on the flames but the home was destroyed.
The two story frame structure was home to Atkin, his wife and two teenaged daughters. The family escaped injury, as did the family pets, although one cat is reported still missing.
Chad Atkin said the fire started in an upstairs bedroom when a lamp fell on a pile of blankets.
The residence was insured.
The Akin family had lived there for 13 years.