Several volunteer fire departments were called out Saturday night to the Lowville Raceway after the concession and broadcast building went up in flames. Firefighters were met with heavy fire and smoke. The owner of Lucky Drag City said a worker was burning weeds around the building, and apparently a spark got into the insulation setting the building on fire. The building housed all of the concessions as well as the equipment used to time the races. Thousands of dollars worth of equipment was lost due to the fire.