Jan 29, 2013 - Firefighters were called out to an emergency call at Perkin's Restaurant on West 8th Street.
The call went out around 6:20 pm when the smell of smoke was reported to the 911Center.
Crews from West Lake Fire Department reportedly found a broken wire from the Perkin's sign inside of a wall of the building.
Reports from the scene say the wire may have been the cause of the smell of smoke.
Workers and patrons were evacuated from the building as firefighters made quick work of the situation.