DECEMBER 5, 2012- Firefighters
from all over eastern and southern
The fire at
According to firefighters, when the first units arrived there were flames in the attic and those flames burned through the roof...
There's no definite word on a cause, but Kuhl Hose Fire Chief Don Erbin Junior says the origin appears to be a chimney or wood stove.
No injuries were reported, and firefighters may have also saved the holidays for the home's residents
"We were able to salvage the family Christmas tree, their ornaments, their presents and things like that. We were able to save that kind of stuff for them, so they're good for Christmas," says Chief Don Erbin.
Chief Erbin described the damage to the house as moderate.